Christi Church, southwest corner 49th and Grand Boulevard, c. 1920.
Irish Catholics built this splendid edifice in 1915. When the parish
was founded in 1901, the neighborhood was a new residential district
of substantial brick houses and flat buildings. In 1933, Corpus
Christi took on a new identity as a black Catholic parish. [Courtesy
The Chicago Catholic]
7 of 18