Go to the Digital Library top page!

Social Studies

Click here to go to introduction.

Grand Boulevard-Washington Park History Images « previous 14 of 18 next »
Illustration of Fair Grounds
The Michigan Boulevard Garden Apartments, 54 E. 47th Street, 1951. Philanthropist Julius Rosenwald donated nearly $3 million toward the construction of these five-story walkup apartments which opened in 1929. "The Rosenwald" was home to thousands of middle-class blacks constrained by segregation to live in the South Side Black Belt. [M. Mead, Courtesy Chicago Historical Society]

« previous 14 of 18 next »

Need help searching?
Search help

Search eCUIP:

Examples: or
Contact eCUIP!

Need help?

Return to the eCUIP top page!