Go to the Digital Library top page!

Social Studies

Image Gallery > Exposition Buildings > Electricity Building > Images « Back
Electricity Building 1 of 5 next »
Electricity Building
Electricity Building 1 of 5 next »

The Electricity Building was designed by the firm of Messrs. Van Brunt & Howe, of Kansas City. A statue of Benjamin Franklin was located at the main entry point across from the Administration Building. In 1752, Franklin flew a kite with a metal key attached to it in a lightning storm, proving that lightning was electricity. He is credited with the discovery of electricity.

University of Chicago. Library. Special Collections Research Center. Further reproduction or distribution is prohibited without permission.

Need help searching?
Search help

Search eCUIP:

Examples: or
Contact eCUIP!

Need help?

Return to the eCUIP top page!