of Creating a Unit
Often, we find an Inquiry Unit that is great for our purposes,
but we just want to customize it for our own use. That process is called
"spinning off a unit." Teachers asked the Inquiry Page to develop
a way to allow them to build on others' Units. That's when the "spinning
off" function was created.
- From any Inquiry web page you will be able to see the "Inquiry
Units" button in the sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen.
Find and click on on the "Inquiry Units"
button. You are now at the "Search Inquiry Units" page.
- You are now at the point where you can search and/or browse Inquiry
Units. Find a Unit you find interesting for your purposes.
- Once you have found an Inquiry Unit that you would like to create
a Spin-off of, click on the "Spin-off this Unit" button located
in the top right hand corner under the picture of the cycle of Inquiry.
- You will get the same form as "Add a Unit." Simply fill
in the fields as you would as if you were creating a new unit of your
- Click on the "Submit" button located at either the top or
the bottom of the form, and your unit will be posted immediately.
in. Find a unit that interests you. Now, spin off your own unit,
customizing it to your needs. Submit. Send the URL of your "spin
off Unit" to your mentors in an email.
| What is the Inquiry page | Becoming
a Member | Searching Inquiry
Page | Creating Your Own Unit
| Other Ways of Creating a Unit | Editing
Your Unit | Resources